James Ausmus wrote:

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com <mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Dale wrote:

            Try re-emerging kde-base/kdelibs - both kde4-config and
            libkdecore.so* are owned by kdelibs.

            -James

        I think I tried that and it failed.  I'm going to try it again
        and see if it helps.  I know I tried a couple packages and
        each failed with a error similar to the one I posted.  I'll
        post back what happens, success or fail.

        Thanks.

        Dale

        :-)  :-)

    OK.  I think this is different.  Here is the error for kdelibs.  I
    think I went back far enough to show it all.

    <<<SNIP>>>
    It is funny that it fails after the compile is about done.  lol
     It couldn't do it at the beginning.  ;-)

    So since this is mentioned in the area of the failure, here is
    some more info:

    r...@smoker / # equery list phonon
    [ Searching for package 'phonon' in all categories among: ]
    * installed packages
    [I--] [M~] kde-base/phonon-kde-4.3.4 (4.3)
    [I--] [  ] media-sound/phonon-4.3.50_pre20090520 (0)
    r...@smoker / #

    I'm about ready to unmerge kde-meta:4.3 and then do a depclean.
     That would fix it.  lol

    Ideas?

Re-emerge media-sound/phonon, and then, if you don't want to spend the time recompiling all of kdelibs, do:

ebuild /usr/portage/kde-base/kdelibs/kdelibs-4.3.3-r1.ebuild compile
ebuild /usr/portage/kde-base/kdelibs/kdelibs-4.3.3-r1.ebuild install
ebuild /usr/portage/kde-base/kdelibs/kdelibs-4.3.3-r1.ebuild qmerge
ebuild /usr/portage/kde-base/kdelibs/kdelibs-4.3.3-r1.ebuild clean

Very odd that revdep-rebuild doesn't catch the libphonon linking errors... :(

-James

I'll give that a try. I started to just do that when I saw the error but I been recompiling packages for days trying to fix this thing. I felt like I was in a loop. I plan to do a emerge -1v phonon && emerge -1v kdelibs:4.3 and take a nap while it crunches away. It'll be done when I get up. Will post with failure or success.

Thanks much.

Dale

:-) :-)