On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 01:17:07AM +0000, Stroller wrote

> I cannot for a moment believe that you (Roy) can organise your files
> so that you can find them easier than typing a search term & clicking
> on the correct result. You just don't want to try it because your
> current methods are "good enough" for you, but this isn't good grounds
> on which to complain about KDE moving on with their development of a
> state-of-the-art desktop which will actually make life easier for
> millions of other people (people who aren't afraid to try it).

  Yes, I can organize my files to the point where I rarely ever use
find.  Just because you can't, is not a reason to slow down everybody
else's desktop.  And if I really wanted a glitzy, bloated,
slow-as-molasses, pointy-clicky-touchy-feely-oowee-GUI, I would've
stayed with Windows, thank you.  I started with Blckbox and am now on
ICEWM.

  I have to put up with Windows at work and one of the first things I do
with a new machine is to turn off indexing.  It noticeably, speeds up
the system.  I'll take the rare occasional long search versus continuous
disk-thrashing, thank you.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>