On 2/16/2010 3:23 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:

Netbook: 1GB of ram, with Linux, I can easily run all the software I want ,
without need of any swap.
Can I do the same with 9P? Eg. will I be able to run all the software I use on
my netbook without having to spent time on porting it all?
Is also all the hardware supported in 9P? Linux supports all the hardware in
my netbook.

Unless the answer to this is a 100% yes, 9P is never going to be an option.

Just for reference, 9p is not Plan 9, it's only the Plan 9 network protocol/distributed file system, which you can use on Linux with the appropriate file system modules.

--Mike