Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 02/28/2010 05:57 AM, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
If I have logged in through sudo such as $ sudo su, when I then use man
pages, they are covered in "ESC".  This does not occur when using normal
user accounts or the root account through su.  Wondering what is going
on.  Thanks.
Some ENV variables are unset by sudo.

But anyway, "sudo su" makes zero sense :P

sudo su makes sense if you want to use the root account while having the
root account locked.  Some, like Ubuntu, do it for security reasons.
Not sure if they are valid, but I thought I would put this little
problem out there for someone to make comment on.

I don't use sudo or su but I have seen this a time or two. I have no clue why tho. It was a while ago but I was in a console at the time. I usually use a Konsole within KDE. I don't recall ever seeing this problem there.

I was curious but never thought is would be more than just me that saw this.

Dale

:-)  :-)