On Monday 01 March 2010 16:08:05 Alex Schuster wrote:
> Alex Schuster wrote:
>
> [KDE4 problems]
>
> > And so on. But it's not so bad I cannot work with it (well, sometimes
> > it is, and then I have to fix it, like when the password dialog no
> > longer accepted passwords), and so I keep using it, waiting it to
> > become really stable and usable.
>
> And another weekend of KDE4 trouble. I rebooted after some upgrades, along
> those were Qt and MySQL. Now, plasma-desktop crashed, also when restarting
> it on the command line.
[snip ...]

> Sorry for the whining,

Nah!  It's good to vent every now and then.  :-))

Is it perhaps that you have a very complex/overloaded plasma set up?  I've
updated KDE on two machines and went swimmingly well.  On one machine I first
removed qt3 and then had no problems whatsoever.  On the other I can't recall
what I did with qt3 ...

Other than that, I've noticed this sort of behaviour in the past with KDE2 and
KDE3 when I was trying to use KDE while major apps were being updated.
--
Regards,
Mick