On Tuesday 02 March 2010 01:17:06 Mick wrote:
> Thanks Alan, your insight in this is much appreciated.  I've been trying
> different things and keep coming back to fluxbox.  Having spent time some
> years ago to set it up just-as-I-want-it in terms of the menu with all my
> apps, as well as the windows behaviour and decoration, I find that I am
> trying  to change other WMs to behave like fluxbox! Ha! I am a creature of
> (minimalist) habit I guess.  I'll probably have another pop at e17 and see
> what gives.

I feel your pain :-)

I feel the same way about Gentoo - I've used just about everything else under
the sun for the work server, but on my personal machines (and the many tinker-
toys in the lab at work) I keep coming back to Gentoo. And I keep trying to
rebuild packages on Centos with the support I want, not what the dev thinks I
want.

USE truly does spoil a sysadmin ;-)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com