Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
Am Freitag, 26. März 2010 schrieb Dale:

Ooooohhhhhh.  Please permit me to add one more needed feature then.
GUI.  Some of my pics are nested pretty deep, because of my organizing
skills or lack thereof.  LOL
[...]
This reminds me of the cereal isle in a grocery store.  We stand there
trying to pick which one we want and 80% of them are made from corn.
Basically the same thing but different and we can't choose the one we want.
That’s easy - I take the big value pack. It’s cheaper per kilogram than the
really good stuff, but still tastes better than the cheap stuff.

But back to the topic:
I believe xv hasn’t been mentioned yet. It’s an old generic image viewer for X
with editing capabilities.

I use Gimp for all editing though. I’m OK with the loading time, because
nothing compares to it feature-wise. I tried krita, but I didn’t like its
shortcomings at navigating in a big/zoomed image. In Gimp I can use (shift and
ctrl plus) the scroll wheel, in Krita, all of those do the same.

I get the bagged cereal too. It's as good as the brand name and lots cheaper. That box must cost a lot to make compared to a baggie. lol

I do use GIMP a lot. When I need to seriously edit a pic, scale, crop, or do other things then I use GIMP. Most of the time tho, I just want to open a image and change the brightness so I can see something in it. I don't even save the change, I just view it.

Maybe I need a faster rig.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)