On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 02:20:32PM -0500, Dale wrote:
> >How'bout google picasa?

> Isn't that pretty large too?
>
> r...@smoker ~ # equery size kview
>  * kde-base/kview-3.5.10
>          Total files : 110
>          Total size  : 1.09 MiB
> r...@smoker ~ #

Yes, it is large, but it has loads of features. Equery size tells me
that picasa is ~100 MiB. But it has all the common image editing
feature you want (include brightness, contrast, resize, crop ...) in a
nice GUI, with a good gallery feature. And it helps with organizing
the pictures. I use it to manage my photos.

For viewing the picture, if size and speed is your main criterion, I
go for media-gfx/qiv. It allows you to change the displayed
brightness/contrast/gamma on the fly, but it is not good for modifying
the files themselves.

Willie W. Wong                                     ww...@math.princeton.edu
         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton