It would be great if you could check the time to sinking of trees in the
Arctic, Albert..  It would be a very simple technique, quite cheap and
possibly very effective.  I think it's much more likely to work than CROPS
because of the size of the trees inhibits decay, as does the cold water.
I am concerned the trees would pose a hazard to shipping.

Would it be possible t fell all year round?  I would have thought that
felling deciduous trees in winter would be unwise as their leaves would
possibly damage river and sea ecology.