Hello Andrew,

The fraction of the total energy of a hurricane that is electrical is very
small when it is fully developed, and utterly miniscule when it is "tiny wee".
So what would zapping achieve?

Zapping an embryonic hurricane would be no more effectual than a small child in
a tantrum - because he's swallowed salty water - spanking the Pacific Ocean
with his spade to flatten the waves.

If you dont believe me, seek out papers by lightning experts such as Phil
Krider, Hugh Christian, Paul Krehbeil, Marx Brook, Earle Williams, Clive
Saunders, Martin Uman, Walt Petersen, Pierre Laroche, Don Macgorman, Jim Dye,
etc, etc

I think it's a good thing to throw novel and unorthodox ideas into the ring,
and long may you continue doing so. But one has also to be prepared to throw
them out from time to time. Sometimes, unfortunately, it's necessary to
contaminate an elegant idea with a modicum of physics.

Cheers,     John.