This depends on the objective.  For a global aerosol program designed to stop
the warming of the entire planet, the answer is no.  In this case, we want the
aerosol to stay suspended as long as possible to get the maximum amount of
sunlight scattering and to minimize the quantity of precursor that has to be
transported to the stratosphere.  The longer lived aerosol would also tend to
be less of a problem in ozone depletion as the surface area would be reduced
relative to larger shorter lived droplets.

If the aerosol precursor is released in the tropical stratosphere, it will
circle and cover the entire globe, including India.  Releases outside the
tropics could be attempted, but this would create uneven warming of a different
kind and a good portion of India and all of China is outside the tropics anyway.

In the case of an Arctic only aerosol program, the aerosol size issue is
probably the same, but the supporters have set as criteria releasing the
precursor in the upper troposphere (around 45,000 ft) in the spring with the
goal of having it all gone by the end of the summer.  This would minimize any
ozone depletion as the aerosol would have to be present in the winter for the
"dark" reactions to take place.  Having the aerosol active only during the
summer might lessen or have no impact on monsoons or other seasonal rainfall
patterns.  There is no data to support this one way or the other.

Note also that the limited modeling done to date in addition to the resolution
of regional impacts issue mentioned earlier today also has focussed almost
entirely on high loading of aerosol precursor to simulate that required to
offset a doubling of CO2 from pre-industrial.  While these extreme conditions
may actually be required at some point decades from now, a more likely scenario
is one of a gradual incremental increase in the aerosol to match GHG forcing or
to offset loss of tropospheric aerosols.  In such cases, the climate system may
adjust and there may be no impact on monsoonal flows or precipitation or the
effect may be very gradual and so can be dealt with by adaptation.  The point
is we simply don't know because these studies haven't been done.  Thus the risk
questions posed by John Nissen represent work that needs to be done.