Hello All,

A further possibility is to attempt to emasculate incipient hurricanes by
cooling oceanic surface waters in regions where hurricanes spawn. One way of
doing this would be to seed low-level shallow clouds in appropriate regions so
as to increase their droplet number concentration and thereby their albedo.
Exploratory GCM exploration of this idea yields the highly provisional result
that a cooling of one or two degrees (perhaps more) could possibly be achieved:
which could be significant vis-a-vis hurricane development..

Other cooling ideas could prove to be of importance.

Cheers,  John.

--
John Latham

lat...@ucar.edu   &    john.latha...@manchester.ac.uk

Tel. 303-444-2429 (H)    &  303-497-8182 (W)