Sorry, premature send again….

“Finally, I goofed in stating…”  should be:

I goofed in stating a saturation level for biochar of 50 kg/ha. Mea culpa, I
meant 50 Mg biochar C/ha (only off by 1000x!).  My reference for this rate is
Chan et al., Australian Jour. Soil Research 2007, 45:629.  I should have
checked before pressing send. So my point is that biomass harvested from maize
cultivation, used to produce biochar (assuming 10Mg aboveground CR produced
/ha, 0.5 g biochar C yield/g CR C), and returned to a fraction of the soil at
50 t biochar C/ha, would saturate the soil in 35 years or less.

My apologies for the errors.

  = Stuart =

Stuart E. Strand
490 Ben Hall IDR Bldg.