> A: "Can fracking technology be used to dissociate clathrates?"

See this example:
http://www.ngvglobal.com/innovative-hydrate-production-technologies-to-be-tested-in-alaska-0524

Personally, I don't see much commercial scope for this.
Renewables are in many cases already price-competitive.
http://www.ipcc.ch/meetings/session33/doc20_p33_SPM_SRREN.pdf

Furthermore, a number of studies point at the high leakage during
drilling and transport of natural gas, such as:
http://www.eeb.cornell.edu/howarth/Howarth%20et%20al%20%202011.pdf

The danger is that we end up with large methane releases anyway, while
CO2 doesn't get sequestered safely either.

Cheers!
Sam Carana