In addition to the moral hazard issue, this study also presents evidence
suggesting that discussions of geoengineering can have a depolarizing
effect on the wider climate change debate.  In essence, the argument is
that geoengineering doesn't carry the same amount of cultural/political
baggage as other, more charged aspects of the climate debate (for example,
implicit anti-capitalism), and so allows for a less intense, more
deliberative focus on the facts.  The authors point out that this doesn't
necessarily lead to greater support for geoengineering, just a more
considered debate.

Josh Horton