Mike:

I am not rejecting anything. I include in my list of possibilities the idea
that most of the current warming is caused by CO2 increase. However, I reject
the idea that the case is sufficiently convincing to act on it. Moreover, some
competent scientists, who know far far more than I do about the current status,
reject the idea. Countries like Canada, for example, reject it. Are they
motivated by the benefits of warming? Perhaps. But who is to say you are not
motivated by the benefits of acting to reduce CO2 emission or concentration?
Humans being what they are, and we know what they are , cannot be completely
trusted. That is why we rely on the scientific method. Too bad it is
inconvenient or not sufficiently timely for this case!

Moreover, some countries are not unhappy about the warming so there will never
be a consensus for acting on it by means of reducing CO2 concentration. That is
why I am such a strong believer in geoengineering
that has relatively local or short term applicability. Among this group there
are experts. I am certainly not an expert and indeed far from it nor do I want
to be. My technical interest is in infection control. The study of
geoengineering should receive far more support; possibly receiving funds
currently going to climate scientists who by your own words do not have firm
control of the science after many many years of study.

I point out again as I have many times in the past that for the last 50 years
the study of cancer received over $400 billion dollars in the US and is
currently receiving $20 billion annually and still there is no understanding of
what causes cancer. On the other hand there are some fixes. Fortunately the
death rate is not increasing because there are cures, not well understood or
scientific, but they do work sometimes. Geoengineering is a similar cure. It
does not end the problem. It should get a big portion of the money presently
going to climate science, which you admit is not providing the necessary
understanding or confirmation and won't for the foreseeable future. The
funding should be used instead for defining, inventing, and testing
geoengineering solutions.

-gene