For the record I agree (particularly on basis that they see this as Haida
waters, that evidence from eruption plumes points to salmon benefit.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1055481/media-advisory-the-haida-salmon-restoration-corporation-october-19th-media-availability-on-salmon-enhancement-project

> MEDIA ADVISORY - The Haida Salmon Restoration Corporation - October 19th
media availability on salmon enhancement project

> VANCOUVER, Oct. 18, 2012 /CNW/ - The Haida Salmon Restoration
Corporation, founded and majority owned by the Old Massett Village Council
of Haida Gwaii is engaged in on-going ocean research and environmental
studies approximately 200 nautical miles west of Haida Gwaii. This work is
lawful, on-going, self-funded and in compliance with the Law of the Sea
Convention and Canada's Ocean Act.

> The purpose of this salmon-enhancement pilot research project, also
called ocean restoration or ocean micronutrient replenishment, is to study
conditions of the Haida Ocean, with particular attention to the collapse of
ocean plankton blooms that traditionally provide nutrients to salmon and
other marine life. The Haida Salmon Restoration Corporation is studying and
developing methods that may be useful in restoring the growth of
phytoplankton and thereby sustain and enhance the production of all marine
life and create a sustainable economy for Old Massett.

> Chief Councillor Ken Rea of the Old Massett Village Council will outline
the project and how the village initiated and founded the company to
proceed with the project.
> Mr. John Disney, the president of Haida Salmon Research Corporation will
be available along with legal counsel James L. Straith whose firm completed
a comprehensive international and domestic legal status review and legal
position paper prior to the work done at sea.

> Where:  Vancouver Aquarium
>   845 Avison Way in Stanley Park
>   Media Registration at Aquaquest Reception (white trailer) between
9-9:20 a.m.
> When:  Friday October 19, 2012
> Time:   9:30 AM
>
> SOURCE: Haida Salmon Restoration Corp.
>
> For further information:
>
> Jay Straith or K. Joseph Spears at  604-921-1122 or e-mail at
k...@oceanlawcanada.com

> Straith Litigation, 6438 Bay Street, West Vancouver British Columbia
Canada V6W 2H1.

> So they are clear that their actions are legal and it appears that Russ
George was only an adviser and not a beneficiary.

> Commercial Issues
>
> Living Oceans Society releases new evidence Re: Old Masset Iron
Fertilization Scheme

http://livingoceans.org/sites/default/files/media/uploads/Iron%20fertilization.pdf

> Northern Savings Credit Union's letter dated February 28th, 2011 to Old
Masset Village Council

> "Clearly the credit as structured really represents a loan being made on
a fully secured basis with Term Deposits as collateral and as such one
might argue that you are clearly borrowing your own money."

> Thus it appears that the Haida nation people were funding the project
with their own money and conducted it in their own waters or at least close
to their island to restore their fishing.

> They should be applauded and not condemned.
>
> regards
>
> Bhaskar

*_*
*
*
ANDREW C. REVKIN
Dot Earth blogger, The New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/dotearth
Senior Fellow, Pace Acad. for Applied Env. Studies
Cell: 914-441-5556 Fax: 914-989-8009
Twitter: @revkin Skype: Andrew.Revkin