Friends -

You may be interested in the following paper:

Reexamining the economics of aerosol geoengineering
J. Eric Bickel and Shubham Agrawal
Climatic Change

http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&id=doi:10.1007/s10584-012-0619-x<https://wmail.austin.utexas.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=UoawXr8kuUiWKDXtYDMihS7-ztfOh88I4XUoMr6K6WbPaVU6V2NfQE9YoSK5CZWUUuAs52rPwpI.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.springer.com%2falert%2furltracking.do%3fid%3dLdb60daMae09bcSb02fb61>

Abstract
In this paper, we extend the work of Goes, Tuana, and Keller (Climatic
Change 2011; GTK) by reexamining the economic benefit, of aerosol
geoengineering.
GTK found that a complete substitution of geoengineering for CO2 abatement
fails a cost-benefit test over a wide range of scenarios regarding (i) the
probability
that such a program would be aborted and (ii) the economic damages caused by
geoengineering itself. In this paper, we reframe the conditions under which
GTK
assumed geoengineering would/could be used. In so doing, we demonstrate that
geoengineering may pass a cost-benefit test over a wide range of scenarios
originally
considered by GTK.

My best,

Eric Bickel