Hi Michael et al,

I've been told that a diatom bloom would be harmless as well as drawing
down CO2 and increasing albedo - so how would one trigger a massive bloom?
Could one use Salter's wave-powered pumps?  Doesn't sea water now contain a
high level of CO2, which is why we are concerned about ocean acidification?
I think far more likely that the growth of diatoms will be limited by
silicon in the sea water, in which case this would have to be added,
preferably in a form to reduce acidification.

If there were unwanted side-effects from a diatom bloom, would there be any
safe way to remove the diatoms?

Cheers, John