ETC isn't the only NGO "green" group paying attention to Russ George and
the Haida.

"*It was their intention to ram and rip our ship open from stem to stern
and sink it along with the 40 scientists aboard*", said Russ George, 29
minutes and 30 seconds into this video <http://vimeo.com/8038030>

Mr. George was referring to a press release Mr. George says Paul Watson's*Sea
Shepherd Society
* issued when Russ George was planning to send his ship, the PLANKTOS, into
waters west of the Galapagos Islands to dump some iron dust in 2007.

I was unable to find a copy of the press release Mr. George is referring
to.

However, Canada's newspaper of record, the Toronto Globe and Mail, published
this
quote<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/sea-shepherds-watson-vows-to-stop-bc-ocean-fertilization-plan/article5061216/>from
 Paul Watson in late 2012:  "We stopped him in the Galapagos in
2007.... [and] ...now that he has raised his head again, Sea Shepherd will
be watching him and we will interfere with future plans to dump iron dust
into the marine environment".

A bit more of Russ George describing what he thought Paul Watson intended
to do to his ship, from his video:

"Ultimately the Sea Shepherd Society, Paul Watson in his great wisdom,
announced that if our ship showed up near the Galapagos Islands, they had
installed a special hydraulic device on the side of their ship which was
five times the size of our ship which could rip through the steel of our
ship like  a can opener.  It was their intention to ram and rip our ship
open from stem to stern and sink it along with the 40 scientists aboard who
were doing this, because we were putting 100 tonnes of iron dust, a natural
rock dust, in the ocean."

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:03:01 AM UTC-7, andrewjlockley wrote:

> http://www.timescolonist.com/news/haida-readying-for-second-round-of-iron-dumping-in-ocean-1.115880
>
> The controversial Haida Salmon Restoration Corp. wants Environment Canada
> to return scientific data and samples — seized during office searches last
> month — so it can prepare for a second ocean fertilization experiment this
> summer.

 [and]

Jim Thomas of the international technology watchdog ETC Group said...  "I