http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1170825/haida-announce-termination-of-russ-george

Haida announce termination of Russ George

VANCOUVER, May 23, 2013 /CNW/ - The board of directors of the Haida Salmon
Restoration Corporation (HSRC) today announced that it has removed Mr. Russ
George as a director of the company. In addition, the HSRC has
terminated Mr. George's employment as an officer of the corporation.John
Disney, who currently serves as President, has been appointed interim
CEO.The HSRC has initiated a board supervised strategic review of the
company's governance, and business plans. In addition, the board has formed
a committee to undertake a search for new directors that will strengthen
HSRC, particularly in relevant scientific research and commercial matters.
An augmented board will also ensure that comprehensive community and
stakeholder consultations occur on a systematic basis.Concurrently, the
committee is developing terms of reference for a permanent chief executive
officer.Commenting on these changes, Old Massett Village Chief
Councillor Ken Rea stated: "The board and our community has decided to
recalibrate this business so that it moves forward in a constructive
fashion and effectively responds to legitimate concerns raised by various
stakeholders around the world"."We realize that we need to take a step back
and review the direction of the company" said President and interim
CEO, John Disney. "While we are confident in the technology, process and
buy-in are key. That's why our emphasis is putting the right leadership and
business plan in place.  We have a responsibility not only to the
shareholders but to the citizens of Old Massett and Haida Gwaii to get it
right", said Disney.

SOURCE: Haida Salmon Restoration Corp.