From: Schuiling, R.D. (Olaf) [mailto:r.d.schuil...@uu.nl]
Sent: 12 July 2013 14:34
To: Chris Vivian (Cefas); geoengineering@googlegroups.com
Cc: geoengineeringourclim...@gmail.com; nua...@gmail.com
Subject: RE: [geo] Re: Oli Morton with Opinion Article on "Nitrogen
Geoengineering"

Formally you are right, but in practice a geoengineering solution is often
something that affects the whole Earth. When we remove locally the CO2 from the
atmosphere, the effect is nevertheless global, because the atmosphere is a
well-mixed reservoir. You can see all kinds of gradations on the scale of my
attempts to remove CO2 from the atmosphere, but the end-EFFECT is always global
(see attachment), Olaf Schuiling