On Clive Hamilton's concern about a slippery slope: He seems fearful of so
much, especially regional tests of GE methods.

Indeed as Bill says, the Arctic is the prime place to try it, nearly ideal:
few people, short 4 month trial in summer of SRM, low cost (~$200 million
or less), easily measurable effect on sea ice, etc. Should be done first.

Gregory Benford