Gore put his objection to geoengineering in this way when talking
recently<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WbXK_Twm5I>on the Ellen Degeneres
show:  He set up his point by agreeing that there
are "serious scientists" who are working on this.  "It really should be yet
another wake up call for why we need to stop putting all this pollution up
there.....

Its hard to disagree with this point.

David Keith's TED talk on geoengineering stated that it is debatable
whether considering SRM is sane

People who are invested in convincing civilization it needs to stabilize
the composition of the atmosphere before it is too late tend not to want to
think too deeply about any plans that might be necessary once it is too
late, or the fact that it might be too late now.