Naomi Klein is wrong.

I do not see any substantial subset of people researching geoengineering
who see it as a way to avoid doing the hard work of reducing emissions.

For most, researching  'geoengineering' is an expression of despair at the
fact that others are unwilling to do the hard work of reducing emissions.

Ken Caldeira

Carnegie Institution for Science
Dept of Global Ecology
260 Panama Street, Stanford, CA 94305 USA
+1 650 704 7212 kcalde...@carnegiescience.edu
http://dge.stanford.edu/labs/caldeiralab  @kencaldeira