The issue of energy distribution (getting the energy to shore) seems to be
a key operational and financial consideration. Having both the profits from
wind/wave/otec/solar energy conversion and MCB would help overcome the high
cost of the gear while establishing the largest possible cooling footprint.

If this storm mitigation grid were to use hydraulic lines as the energy
distribution grid, those lines could be outfitted with forward
osmosis<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_osmosis>units which would allow
for shore deliver of both energy and freshwater. We
need both.

Best,

Michael