Here is a link that shows a very useful Canadian approach to attributing
warming without the use of numerical models. It eliminates the possibility
of the present warming being caused by natural fluctuation. Also attached
is an op-ed piece based on the Climate Dynamics paper. There are competent,
rational Canadians working on this issue!

http://www.livescience.com/44950-global-warming-natural-fluctuation.html

On 27 June 2013 10:20, Andrew Lockley <andrew.lock...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://m.straight.com/s?s=60&fid=22&a=395346&f=latest&sp=true
>
> Newly declassified documents suggest Stephen Harper’s Conservative
> government is taking climate change more seriously than many critics have
> alleged. However, environmental advocates say its approach remains
> troubling.On June 5, 2012, then–Environment Canada deputy minister Paul
> Boothe convened a meeting to discuss geoengineering, according to documents
> posted online by Mike de Souza, a Postmedia national political
> reporter.Geoengineering, which has been advocated by Straightcolumnist
> Gwynne Dyer in the past, was defined as "the intentional, large-scale
> intervention in Earth’s environmental systems". The list of
> invitees included the deputy minister of defence, the director of the
> Canadian Security Intelligence Service, and the national security adviser
> to the prime minister.Slides for the meeting acknowledge that the Earth’s
> climate is warming as a result of human activity, and warn that even a
> rapid implementation of emissions-reduction measures may not prevent a
> temperature rise of more than 2°C above pre-industrial levels by mid
> century. A graph projects a global mean temperature increase of 6° C by
> 2100, a change that scientists warn would likely be catastrophic.Two
> classifications of geoengineering are presented as options to reduce future
> warming: carbon-dioxide removal (CDR) and solar-radiation management (SRM).
> CDR methods include afforestation, ocean fertilization, and the direct
> extraction of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, the slides explain. One
> example of an SRM approach is to install "space-based orbiting mirrors"
> that would "reduce solar input". Another is to continually inject sulphur
> aerosols into the atmosphere "to mimic the effect of volcanoes".On the
> phone from Edmonton, Mike Hudema, a climate and energy campaigner for
> Greenpeace Canada, told the Straight that it’s encouraging to see the
> Harper government acknowledge climate change as human-driven, but argued
> that the Conservatives have reached the wrong conclusion."If you admit that
> the climate crisis is happening and you agree with the scientific consensus
> that humans and greenhouse-gas emissions are the cause of it, then it is
> the government’s responsibility to reduce those emissions," he said.Hudema
> called attention to Harper’s support for the development of the Alberta tar
> sands, which he noted is the fastest-growing source of greenhouse gas
> emissions in the country.Kevin Washbrook, director of the Vancouver-based
> Voters Taking Action on Climate Change, similarly told the Straight that
> the government should be focusing on ways to reign in sources of pollution,
> such as the tar sands. "The core thing we need to do is reduce emissions,
> and there is nothing about that in there," he said

'ATMOSPHERIC TURBULENCE: A Molecular Dynamics Perspective'.
Oxford University Press, 2008. ISBN 978-0-19-923653-4.
http://www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?ci=9780199236534