Peter and list:

        Two questions:

        a.  Was there anything on your ideas below in either AR5 or the NCA?
I have not yet read all of either, but have read all I could find in each on
geoengineering.  Your concepts below don't fit nicely into the SRM and CDR
camps, but would still seem safe to be called geoengineering.  Since not even
mentioned, the going will be hard unless some government agency gets interested.

        b.  You say in last sentence> ".....restoration of ice cover to
historical levels...."          Am I correct that we only need to add enough
ice to get through September?   That means adding little near the north pole
and progressively more ice as one moves south (ignoring ice gyres).  Maybe
reaching a maximum of 2 meters of man-made ice, but an average added thickness
of (a guess) a meter?   This seems likely to be (another guess) 10% as hard as
reaching "historical" levels, which must be an added  3-4 meters everywhere.
        I just watched a short 32-year month by month video display on arctic
ice thickness in the last graph at the site given previously:
> https://sites.google.com/site/arctischepinguin/home/piomas
        (running at 1/4 speed or twice speed is also interesting to follow)
        One thought from watching this video is that there may be some inland,
freshwater ice in Canada that already has disappeared in June or July - that
may be easier to reverse - and get an equivalent albedo effect.  Another is
that northern-most Canada is the last place to try to reverse - very thick
there now.

        Below the video are some other Arctic-ice-disappearance plots I had
missed before, that support the concept that the NCA and AR5 are not accurately
reporting how fast Arctic ice is disappearing.

Ron