Chris,

I've asked both the EPA and NOAA straight forward questions concerning
gaining a 'permit' for any activity along the lines of using the oceanic
commons as a base for geoengineering. Both agencies seem to be clueless
about any national level 'permit' for using the oceans as a means for
geoengineering this planet (I was not surprised). However, I'm proposing
the creation of a non-profit which could interface with the relevant
governance organizations including those at the intergovernmental level.

The IMBECS Protocol Draft can be found here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m9VXozADC0IIE6mYx5NsnJLrUvF_fWJN_GyigCzDLn0/pub>.

Your input on the governance design approach, put forth in the IMBECS
Protocol document, would be greatly welcomed.

Best regards,

Michael