Hi,

Schuilling carried out experiments where modest surf action was imitated by
having olivine grains rotate slowly along the bottom of an Erlenmeyer, the
water turned an opaque white after a few days of rotation, the pH of the
solution had gone up, and many of the slivers had already turned into
neoformed grains of brucite, a mineral known to carbonate fast.

As for beaches you can find them in Hawaii, Turkey, Galapagos Is. just a
few to mention.

Regards,

Parminder