Mike Mann is quoted as saying ;
“A similar argument to Nordhaus might have been used to argue we couldn't
possibly mount the mobilisation necessary to win World War II. But we did. "

As Paris is awfully close to Versailles, it might be prudent to recall
ultimate outcome of the universally celebrated  treaty that ended World War
I.