Robert   and list,  cc Eric

        1.  I like your enthusiasm - but suggest that your projected time
trajectory is a tad fast.  The year 2030 is only 13 years away.  I can support
half of your 20 Gt C/yr eventually in total - maybe by 2040 or 2050.   We
should be very happy if we can ever take out as fast as we are now putting in
(which is about 10 Gt C/yr).  Obviously an industry as large as today’s coal,
oil, and gas industries combined.

        2.  I don’t understand the ratio of 2.5 (50 Gt CO2/20 Gt C) in the
second line.  Why not the usual ratio of 44/12 = 3.67 ?

        3.  I suggest that the soil carbon stock can also exceed by itself the
relatively light goal they have established for CDR (I’ve seen 10 Gt C/yr for
just biochar alone, and think that has some possibility.)  Much better chance
of success in soil if much of the carbon comes from your algae and other ocean
sources)

Ron