No idea. It would need to be modelled. As I said, it could actually make things
worse. For the record, we were originally thinking about making pockets of
clathrate and not a dam of the stuff as this would not impact the flow dynamics
of the glacier significantly.

From: geoengineering@googlegroups.com [mailto:geoengineering@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Andrew Lockley
Sent: 06 August 2018 10:45
To: David Sevier
Cc: Peter Eisenberger; geoengineering; Carbon Dioxide Removal
Subject: Re: [geo] Stopping the Flood: Could We Use Targeted Geoengineering to
Mitigate Sea Level Rise?

Making glaciers stick to the bedrock would, at first glance, seem to be a great
way to rebuild ice caps/sheets. If flow from eg PIG could be blocked/slowed,
that would have a significant effect on the ice above. A potentially risk is of
catastrophic failure - if a CO2 based glacier suddenly snaps off, will it
rebind - or will it just dump the whole ice sheet into the ocean?