“Having no skin in the game” only means that whoever is not a white male
emeritus professor (or an NAS member like Michael Mann)
would probably think twice before writing in a public mailing list that anyone
can read about eugenic proposals that people support for real without a shed of
irony.
Anybody else in any other more precarious position would probably think “Mmh,
would this horrible opinion (or joking about this horrible opinion) make me a
persona non grata everywhere? Maybe I should shut up about it”.

Please remember that your personal definition of what’s “fun” or “irony” might
not be shared by people who have heard multiple times that their
location/race/skin color/gender needs to be exterminated for real.
Do you think they would feel welcome in writing in this group (or coming to
geoengineering meetings) if they suspected we think the solution to solving the
climate crisis is exterminating them?
Not to mention the fact that there are probably journalists in this group.

I think profs. Mann and Pierrehumbert (and for that matter, Kevin Surprise and
prof. Jennie Stephens piece in The Hill) opinion is condescending (and pretty
grand in calling other people paternalistic)
Not to mention conflating researchers with “geoengineering evangelists”, or
claiming that solar geoengineering suppresses BLM. Both things I find
incredibly, personally offensive.
The solution is not to shock in the other direction, by saying that if people
don’t want to discuss SRM or CDR, then we have to resort to neo-malthusian
bullcrap.
We can do (as a community) way better than that, and keep our head cool.

I’m not going to discuss your scientific results right now. We can have that
discussion another time, and we most likely agree on the danger of climate
change. But this is not what is being discussed here.

Daniele