I dont think you read my post very carefully - I supported the mass
market (KML etc)  focus as a short term goal. I dont think its me
criticising your position as a default here.  I simply feel its worth
pointing out that since UI investment is a massive burden, we should
be aware there are definitely multiple perspectives on what the
product (and hence UI) should focus on.

for example - I dont want a fancy UI to allow me to manually enter
virus signatures - it works very nicely distributing updates. We need
to "work smarter, not just harder".  Do we go round the hill, over it,
or through it?

Merry Christmas

Rob