the term I have been using is 'service profile' - i.e. how a set of
users expect a service to behave

Context matches the OGC generalisation of a WMS context. It sort of
relates more to an invocation than a configuration though IMHO

so, if you take the context to be the user-centric viewpoint of
collections of resources which together are useful:

a service profile supports one or more user contexts, consisting of a
ordered set of invocations based on protocol bindings to presentations
(eg styling or formats) of the result of operations (filters) against
resources

whew! complicated but at least its a consistent set of terms that
don't seem too far from the status quo.

With a WMS, the ordered set provides value by building a  map from
layers. In a WFS, its traversal of a nested graph of related features
to answer a particular question or get specific data. WCS is arguable
a special case of WFS with functions, with more interest in the value
range than relationship between feature types.

Rob