Thats very good news indeed.

The app-schema support provides some support for 1D objects, I'm not
sure that 3-D has been yet tested - and certainly 3D geometry
operations wont be.

can you provide some more details of what changes you made, to which
components, to deliver what capability - there will be interest from
the Spatial Information Services Stack project, (contributing the
app-schema support) in this as some of the funding comes from the
earth resources sector, and they have a lot of 3D data.

Regards
Rob Atkinson