On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies
<ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au> wrote:
> On 16/05/12 14:50, Andrea Aime wrote:
>>
>> Ben, it's a 7 lines mail, how could you miss the second sentence?
>> "less ideally a way to at least detect if maxFeatures was explicitly
>> provided (if we don't have that either,
>> it's definitely not paging)"
>> -->  you can know if client asked for paging
>

> Andrea, I didn't miss what you wrote, it just didn't make sense to me. That
> isn't paging; this is usually just some poor client exploring a service and
> not wanting to get 1.3 million features. when it can only handle 200.

Meh, seemed a reasonable compromise to me (I believe it would have got us
both performace and conformance in the respective typical use cases, fully paged
access and non paged one, aka download mode) but never mind.

In such case I'd prefer option 1 to be the default behavior,
option 2 to be either not there or at least something that
has to be explicitly enabled.

Cheers
Andrea

--