Hi all. I've been working on a project to update the imagemosaic
documentation, both for clarity and to add some new parameters that are
being added as of late.

I just created a PR for this.

https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/1721

The materials had a few issues. For example, the tutorial was primarily
a reference guide, while the reference section was empty. I tried to
move the content around as best as I could to where it felt more
expected. I also did a lot of cleanup, as well as adding some new
parameters.

This work isn't done. For example, some questions arose in my editing:

* There are identical parameters for the main properties file and the
indexer.properties file. Is this intentional? I felt like there were
duplicates, but maybe not.
* Some parameters are unclear. For example, I saw
``CheckAuxiliaryMetadata`` auto-generated, but couldn't find any info on it.

I'm sure there are other issues.

If anyone has any feedback, I'd love to hear it. I can merge now and
continue working, or I can wait until I've added in some new examples
(such as ingest of granules with differing CRS).

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Pumphrey
User Advocate | Boundless