Thanks for the info Christian, I assume you replied directly to me by
accident so re-including the list.

My initial thought was that there would be just one "time column" composed
of discrete timestamps, or at least that is the use case I currently have.
I am also kind of going off of what the core mosaic reader does and unless
I am mistaken (which is very possible to someone please let me know :) )
there is just a single time attribute for each entry of the mosaic and you
can specify the time resolution to essentially create an interval.

That said a start/end date also makes sense to me. I haven't started
digging into the code yet but I will keep this in mind in the approach and
perhaps add support for both modes if people think that makes sense?

Thanks!