Ahh ok, cool I'll look into that a bit more closely. I've got the code to
the point where basic mosaicing is working and it can handle all of the
time series stuff and now am going to circle back and clean a few things
up.

I'll definitely put this into a community module. I've already had someone
from the community reach out expressing interest in the code. I'll start a
separate through on geotools-devel for that soon.

Thanks again for the all of the feedback and help!