________________________________

        Lähettäjä: Dominik Mikiewicz [mailto:dominikmikiew...@o2.pl]
        Lähetetty: 10. marraskuuta 2010 14:47
        Vastaanottaja: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
        Aihe: [Geoserver-users] Poor performance with SqlServer data source

        Hi list,

        I am trying to set up an SQL Server data source for my geoserver. All
goes fine, I can connect to the server, pull the data and publish a layer.

        The problems start when I try to view my layer in a browser. This is
terribly slow even though I have only roughly 8k polygons in a table.

        A temporary solution is to use shp but  the system will have to provide
means for updating the data on a daily basis and file based storage does not
seem to be the best thing

        Any ideas on how to improve performance with sql server behind
appreciated.

        Thanks

        Dominik