On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Charles Galpin <cgal...@lhsw.com> wrote:
> By test file do you mean the layer preview? That only works on localhost for
> me, and I haven't seen a way to specify the server anme in the settings.

LayerPreview should work on a server
(http://ian01.geog.psu.edu/geoserver/web/?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:org.geoserver.web.demo.MapPreviewPage)

> If some other file we'll need more info to help - can you give us a URL?  If
> you are loading an html file on port 80 with javascript accessing geoserver
> on port 8080 then that's your problem. You'll need to host the file under
> geoserver, or use a proxy.

I think you need a way to tell IIS to pass requests to
myhost/geoserver to myhost:8080/geoserver, see
http://www.cartoninjas.net/post/2010/10/12/Installing-GeoServer-on-Windows-7-%28x32-or-x64%29-and-IIS-75.aspx
for more details.

Ian
--