On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Antonio Parrotta
<antonioparro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to geoserver, need to find feature/s by attributes. Basically I
> need to query the layer searching by a set of attributes, then highlight the
> returned feature on the map. Is it feasible?

Add the layer twice to your map, once with the usual style, once with
the highlight style.
Then use CQL_FILTER to filter the second layer according to your
selection whilst
the first remains unfiltered, something like:

&CQL_FILTER=INCLUDE;myAttribute>35

Using OL + WFS as Ricardo suggested is another option. It will give
you more control,
probably nice popup functionality and visual feedback as you hover on
the selection,
but it won't scale up to large selections (e.g., more than a few tens
of features)
whilst the approach I'm suggesting above will be much more static but
will scale up
to whatever selection size with no particular problems.

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313