Radoslaw,

Much thanks.

Been trying out udig <http://udig.refractions.net/> and it works fine,
eliminates the hustle of creating SLD from scratch.

The best solution I've found is
Arc2Earth<http://help.arc2earth.com/kb/arc2earth-desktop/export-map-symbols-to-styled-layer-descriptor-sld>.
It is commercial but with a community version. the commercial version allows
for mxd to SLD solution, the community version only allows ONLY one layer to
SLD at a time. The advantage with arc2Earth is that it allows you to
maintain symbology as in arcGIS because it creates png files for the
symbols.

Cheers!

Kind Regards,
Viola