On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Andrea Aime
<andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Amini, Manouchehr
> <manouchehr.am...@eawag.ch> wrote:
>> Hi Andrea
>>
>> I tried also arc_sample layer with different opacities. The results are the
>> same, opacity is not applied. But when I use "format_options" in the wms
>> request(http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms/reflect?layers=nurc:Arc_Sample&format_options=layout:foo),
>>  the opacity is applied correctly. I am confused as I don't even have
>> "layout:foo" in the GS_data_dir!! With previous version of GS (2.0.2) I
>> didn't have such a problem.
>
> Because GS 2.1 has a new code path for pure raster rendering that is
> up to twice as fast as the
> old one, but it can't be used in all conditions, in particular if you
> add a layout it can't be used
> so we fall back on the older one.

Ah, if you want to give up all the optimizations you can do so by specifying
this among the java virtual machine system variables:

-Dorg.geoserver.render.raster.direct.disable=true

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313