Hi there,

This is my first mailing list so please be gentle if I am not using it
right, and sorry I couldn't work out how to search the old Archives for my
issue.

So my problem.

I am currently using Geoserver 2.1.1 to dish out info to world wind.

I am wanting to use Geoserver to dish out terrain data which I have in the
Mrsid format.

I have been at this now for 2 days straight trying to get it to work but
unfortunately I cannot.

The Geoserver works fine

The World wind works fine as I am able to get the sample layers from the
Geoserver

I have tried multiple paths of attack following multiple guides.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/FW-Unable-to-add-MrSID-as-a-layer-td6
622833.html

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/gdal.html?highlight=mrsid

And other various links giving pointers on what to change.

I have tried both the GDAL dlls 1.73 and 1.45 along with both versions of
imageio, 1.1.1, 1.0.8

Now I have been able to configure the Geoserver so I can select to add a
Mrsid store.

But when I try and save this I can see in the background java errors of the
Geoserver in the cmd window.

I am able to see the store in the layers section. But when I select add a
new resource in the layers section, then select my Mrsid workspace and store
nothing happens.

This is where I am stuck, maybe my Mrsid data is corrupt? Or am I missing
files that should be around the Mrsid e.g. like some xml files or proj files
etc. I am not 100% clear on all those peripheral items.

Apologies if this is a bit all over the place.

Jaan