In a very recent trunk, gs:Trim works fine using text as the Clipping Area
input, but I'd like to use a Shapefile for the Clipping Area Input. Any
ideas on how to set this up?

I tried using a reference to a zipped shapefile URL, but it failed.

Example:

<wps:Execute version="1.0.0" service="WPS" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0"; xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs";
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0"; xmlns:ows="
http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1"; xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml";
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"; xmlns:wcs="
http://www.opengis.net/wcs/1.1.1"; xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0
http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsAll.xsd";>
  <ows:Identifier>gs:Clip</ows:Identifier>
  <wps:DataInputs>
    <wps:Input>
      <ows:Identifier>features</ows:Identifier>
      <wps:Reference mimeType="text/xml; subtype=wfs-collection/1.0"
xlink:href="http://geoserver/wfs"; method="POST">
        <wps:Body>
          <wfs:GetFeature service="WFS" version="1.0.0" outputFormat="GML2">
            <wfs:Query typeName="sf:roads"/>
          </wfs:GetFeature>
        </wps:Body>
      </wps:Reference>
    </wps:Input>
*    <wps:Input>*
*      <ows:Identifier>clip</ows:Identifier>*
*      <wps:Reference mimeType="application/zip" xlink:href="
http://localhost:8080/restricted.zip"; />*
*    </wps:Input>*
  </wps:DataInputs>
  <wps:ResponseForm>
    <wps:RawDataOutput mimeType="text/xml; subtype=wfs-collection/1.0">
      <ows:Identifier>result</ows:Identifier>
    </wps:RawDataOutput>
  </wps:ResponseForm>
</wps:Execute>

In the error trace, it is apparently using the GMLPPIO, not the ShapeZipPPIO
like I had hoped by specifying the "application/zip" mimeType.

        at org.geotools.xml.Parser.parse(Parser.java:237)
        at org.geotools.xml.Parser.parse(Parser.java:165)
        at org.geoserver.wps.ppio.GMLPPIO.decode(GMLPPIO.java:37)
        at org.geoserver.wps.Execute.executeRemoteRequest(Execute.java:607)
        at org.geoserver.wps.Execute.parseProcessInputs(Execute.java:374)

Best,
Roger