Just qurious,
How would that help the fact that his machine is on a local network and that he
can't access the (school's?) router? No outside ports will be forwarded to his
machine, right?

In my world, your suggestion would be valid if the router would be configured
with one public incoming ip and one internal for each machine and that port 80
is opened up as default.

Perhaps I missunderstood the settings in our case here.