Thanks for the advice.  I am using a build from the 2.1.x branch so it is a
very recent version.  I think the jmap tool will have to be used..  Problem
with that is we now have a system of restarting it so that the OOM doesn't
happen.  I guess I need to try to reproduce the issue on dev.   But it
doesn't get enough traffic to kill it...

I just wanted to see if there were any big known issues.  Sounds like ECW
might be an issue.  Some very large extractions are made perhaps they are
responsible.

Next month I should have some time to look at the issue in detail and I
will update you all with what I find.

Thanks again for the information.

Jesse